Just Because

it's all about me. for me. and a few lesser mortals. Coz the queen likes to talk and you'd better like to listen!

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

First Blog!

Now that I have resolved my issues with the whole blogging thing (or have I? Hmm.), thought, Might As Well.
I'm a great one for procrastination. Actually, I'd been pushing this first auspicious post too, for that right day, the right mood, the right moment, that happy state of mind that would make me write the happy witty clever post that would be girlie-yet-womanly, flighty-yet-mature, I mean, just a brilliant piece of writing that would just charm the pants off any man who reads it and fill every woman's heart with everlasting awe/envy (I believe in choices), and make me smile with surprise at my unbelievably fantastically too-good-to-be-true pataka personality when I read it 50 years later. None of that happened.
I decided to wait till I got internet on home comp, then until I got a TFT at my workplace, then till the dust settled down in the renovation spree, then till interesting intellectually stimulating work came my way. All of that happened.
I wrote the blog in my head, while I bought groceries, while I (out)manoeuvred jerks on the road, while I cursed the world at large for it's inferior intellect, EQ, FQ. The mental notes were getting a bit too much to stash away. And a leeettle bit of perspective did throw way too much light than I was comfortable with, on the Mindfuck Quotient these notes were generating. So. Pliz to refer to point number 3 in next paragraph. Yes, I like non-linear narratives, dear lit crit).
So then, I found the other half of my pearl earring (The Girl With. What Literary allusion in real life. Wah!) I'd lost a couple of days ago and turned the house upside down searching for, and suddenly, in true filmi style, the electricity came back! It must be a divine signal I thought, making the most of whatever it was that got me a light year close to Epiphany - that great mystical phenomenon that inspires great writers - and I chose to open my khata on blogspot. Taaliyaan, taaliyaan.

This blog is a multifaceted, mutlipurpose, multilingual, multimulti, etcetc (my favourite word - etc - for the sheer lazy convenience it offers)...erm..thing. Through it, I seek to strike off the following points from my Life's To Do List:
1. Keep in Touch with Friends: Why call and say, 'Aur...kya ho reya hai'. Just log on, conserve energy (mine, if you don't care for yours), and get to know me better than I do.
2. Write everyday, For Some Day It Might Lead to a Novel.
3. Vent; It's Good for Days Full of Mindfuck. My invisible not-quite-faceless reader cannot put me on hold/ look at goodlooking passer-bys/ yawn/ look pained/ interrupt and start his monologue while I talk here.
4. (Well I'm not megalomaniacal enough to put this on the To Do list, but it never hurts, does it) PUMP UP YOUR EGO!

This blog is also a product of a day of blog reading. Yes, I took friends’ recommendations. I read the blog classics. I read the friends’ friends’ blogs. I read blogs from different parts of the world. Then I thought, if I have to read self-obsessed babble, WHY NOT READ MY OWN! Hence, the title.
Gosh. I sound like I’m giving an interview on my new book! To myself! I think the profusion of profundity in the world at large is driving me insane! It’s rubbing off me! What’s one to do when there’s no time to catch movies, TV is A-class Crap, and authors have lost their sense of humour?
I have no profound experiences to share, my lovvlies, so don’t look for any Epiphanies here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOTCHA! :)
Keep going, punky! Don't need them epiphanies, we all know where to find them, right?

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home